1. What happens if I haven’t paid enough into my monthly (financed) service plan account at the time of servicing? Can I still service my vehicle?
Yes you can. At the time of booking we will ensure you have sufficient credit for your service and if you do not we will ask you to top up to the required amount for the applicable service.
2. Why Hartwell?
Established in 1919 in Oxfordshire, Hartwell PLC is a leading automotive group representing Ford car and commercial vehicles. With ten locations based across the UK, we’re delighted to assist customers with their motoring needs, and have built a reputation for providing exceptional customer service and the highest quality vehicles. It’s this reputation, and the loyalty of our valued customers, that saw us reach our centenary in 2019.
3. Do I have to take my car to the same dealership each year?
No, you don't have to use the same dealership every time you get a service. You can use any Hartwell dealership for servicing and repair at no extra charge.
4. What happens if I sell my car?
If you sell your car privately you can transfer your plan to the new owner free of charge, adding value to your sale.
5. How can I re-arrange the date of a car service?
By using our handy online service booking tool here
6. What happens if my major service is due before my interim service, for example with a 2 year plan: An interim service in year 2 and Major service in year 1?
The service plan is designed to follow the manufacturer schedule so no matter whether the major service is due in year 1 or 2 the correct manufacturer schedule will be adhered to.
7. What is a 42 point electronic vehicle health check?
A comprehensive vehicle check covering the condition of suspension, body work, tyres, safety belt, wiring, pipes, hoses, oil and fuel feed lines, exhaust and brake measurements and condition.
8. What happens if my vehicle is on a 24 months service schedule?
The manufacturer recommends replenishment and replacement of oil every 12 months which our interim service covers.