As an Internal Audit Manager, you will provide an independent guarantee that the business’ risk management, governance and control processes are operating effectively. You will evaluate and monitor how processes are running, how well risks are being managed, and if internal processes are working. Auditing also includes a consulting service, advising management on how to improve their processes and systems.
- Auditing adherence to company policies, processes and procedures, through use of checking, validating and evidence.
- Create and update internal audit plan and necessary strategies.
- Understand and evaluate business arrangements quickly, and be a credible individual who can interact with staff at all levels across the organisation.
- Assessing financial controls internally including Hartwell Finance.
- Reviewing incentive schemes for varying roles in the company.
- Ensure all departments of the company are following best practice at all times.
- HR processes audit, including assurance of payroll procedures running smoothly.
- Auditing performance to highlight areas for improvement.
- Examine documentation, including reports, statements, records, and memos to gather information.
- Perform enquiries and testing as needed to identify and resolve vulnerabilities.
- Make recommendations to management about software, policies and audit triggers.
- Vehicle and parts stock sample audits.
- Audit of vehicle margins for correct calculation of manufacturer bonuses.
- Audit of vehicle sales to staff.
- Warranty audit – correct adherence to manufacturer policy.
Experience and Skills
- Degree level education or equivalent.
- A relevant professional internal audit or accountancy qualification.
- 10+ years’ experience.
- Audit background/internal auditor experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrate maturity, good people skills and commitment.
- Innovative, forward-thinking professional.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Organisational and project management skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, industry standards.
If you are looking to join a well-established company that offers excellent rewards including 22 days annual holiday, workplace pension scheme, staff discounts and career opportunities, we want to hear from you. Please click apply below to register your interest in the role of Internal Audit Manager.