Are you a successful Logistics Manager looking to take the next steps in your career? Are you looking for the next steps in your career with a forward-thinking franchise dealer group? If the answer is YES, Hartwell want to hear from you.
Hartwell are a leading multi-franchise retail motor group in the UK and has been trading successfully for nearly 100 years. Operating 26 franchised dealerships across 11 locations, we currently represent brands including Citroen, Dacia, Fiat, Ford, MG, Peugeot, Renault and SEAT.
Due to continuing business requirements, we are now recruiting a Logistics Manager to join our dealership in Dunstable.
Key responsibilities of the Logistics Manager:
- Supervise, manage, train, motivate and brief daily all van Delivery drivers and picking staff in carrying out their duties and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure that all delivery vehicles are maintained in line with manufacturer’s recommendations and guidelines.
- Regularly review and monitor van delivery routes to ensure maximum efficiencies in terms of cost and customer satisfaction.
- Responsibility for the security of parts.
- To ensure that staff levels are adequately maintained at all times.
- Ensure that all customers’ orders (internal & external) are picked, packed and dispatched with correct documentation and within agreed time scales.
- To Interview, select and hire staff in conjunction with Parts Sales Manager and maintain the number of adequate trained staff needed to achieve agreed objectives.
- Carry out vehicle security checks.
The ideal Logistics Manager:
- Strong Leadership and people skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Candidates must have the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Full, valid and clean UK driving licence.
- Good telephone manner.
- Previous recent experience in Logistics Management is desirable not essential.
Full training will be provided.
Rewards & Benefits
If you are looking to join a well-established company that offers excellent rewards including 22 days annual holiday, workplace pension scheme, staff discounts and career opportunities, we want to hear from you. Please click apply below to register your interest in the role of Logistics Manager.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8 am to 6 pm