This Warranty covers almost all mechanical and electrical parts (including labour to fit them), of the covered vehicle against mechanical and electrical breakdown as defined below. There is no restriction to the number of claims you can make, up to the value of the vehicle at the time of purchase in aggregate.
Mechanical or electrical breakdown is the failure of a component, causing a sudden stoppage of its function, for a reason other than wear and tear, normal deterioration or negligence. Damage caused by the effect of overheating is not regarded as a mechanical or electrical breakdown under the terms of the Warranty.
You are covered only for the parts described under Plan A of your handbook. Your Warranty does not cover more than the manufacturer's list price for parts. Repairs must not start without the prior approval of Hartwell Warranty.
What is Covered
Your Hartwell Warranty covers almost all mechanical and electrical components on your vehicle, for mechanical and electrical breakdown, subject to the conditions detailed in this handbook and the maximum claim limit. There are some components, such as service items, which are not covered.
What is Not Covered
Whilst you have a high level of Warranty cover available, there are certain items which this Warranty specifically does not cover and this includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Body components such as strikers, hinges or any component which may require adjustment from time to time
- Body panels, paintwork or glass
- Interior trim including seat and seat belts
- Recharging of the air conditioning unit, (unless required as part of a valid repair)
- Renewal of brake components due to wear and tear
- Renewal of any clutch components due to wear, incorrect adjustment or misuse
- The clearing of fuel lines, filters, throttle body and pumps and damage to components due to the use of incorrect or contaminated fuel
- Airbags; batteries; bulbs; exhaust systems; wiper blades; wheel balancing and alignment; wheels; tyres and water ingress (including damage to covered parts caused by water)
- External oil leaks, lubricants, filter elements and any damage caused by frost or lack of anti-freeze, impact, accident or negligence
- Traffic management system, satellite navigation system, telephone, TV and associated equipment of all types
- Non-factory fitted radio cassette, CD player or any other in-car entertainment component
- Normal maintenance services, and the replacement of such items as, but not limited to, spark plugs and plug leads
- Wiring looms
- Weather strips and body seals
- Any loss caused directly or indirectly by the claims or the event that caused the claim
- Burnt out, sticking or pitted valves
- Damage resulting from the failure of a timing belt or chain which has not been replaced as per the manufacturer's recommendations (proof required)
Please note that oil, oil filter, gaskets, anti-freeze and brake fluid required due to the failure of a covered component are covered.